1. A high-risk insurance pool to provide affordable coverage for uninsured people w/ medical problems.
2. Health insurance plans will be required to maintain dependent coverage for children until they turn 26 (after six months).
3. Insurance companies will be barred from putting lifetime dollar limits on coverage and from canceling policies except for fraud.
4. Insurance companies will be banned from denying coverage to children because of pre-existing health problems.
5. Provides tax credits to help small businesses with up to 25 employees get and keep coverage for their employees.
6. The Medicare prescription coverage gap will be narrowed by providing a $250 rebate to seniors in the gap.
7. Reduces projected Medicare payments to hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, hospices and other providers.
8. A 10% sales tax on indoor tanning.